- ► 2013
- ► March 2013 (1)
- ► February 2013 (1)
- ► January 2013 (1)
- ► 2012
- ► December 2012 (3)
- ► November 2012 (2)
- ► October 2012 (2)
- ► September 2012 (2)
- ► August 2012 (1)
- ► July 2012 (1)
- ► May 2012 (2)
- ► March 2012 (4)
- ► February 2012 (3)
- ► 2011
- ► December 2011 (6)
- 22 - CNW Group press release - Hollywood Suite - Canada's new 24/7 multi-platform HD movie service is now available on Bell Satellite TV and Bell Fibe TV with a limited time Freeview
- 08 - Hollywood Suite - Canada's new 24/7 multi-platform HD movie service launches across Canada, kicking off a 2 month freeview - Comprehensive website also launched
- 09 - New Canadian Movie Service Offers Free Preview
- 08 - Hollywood Suite Launches Four Multi-Platform HD Channels
- 08 - Specialty movie channels from Hollywood Suite begin broadcast rollout
- 07 - Hollywood Suite - Canada’s new 24/7 multi-platform HD movie service launches across Canada, kicking off a 2 month freeview
- ► October 2011 (3)
- ► September 2011 (1)
- ► August 2011 (7)
- 28 - Financial Post
- 23 - Hollywood Suite to offer HD films on TV 'substantially cheaper' than Netflix
- 26 - RELEASE - Hollywood SuiteMarketing Magazine
- 23 - RELEASE - Hollywood Suit2011-08-23 14:59:00e – Canada’s new 24/7 multi-platform HD movie service launches with branded HD movie services from both Warner Bros. and MGM
- 23 - Switzer launching four new movie channels
- 24 - Variety
- 23 - The Hollywood Reporter
- ► December 2011 (6)
EastLink launches 1080p OnDemand channels
- Tue, 03/20/12 - 14:15
EastLink has launched the highly anticipated Hollywood Suite OnDemand in 1080p High Definition (HD).
“This makes us one of the first providers in North America to offer video content in 1080p,” Deborah Shaffner, EastLink's president and Chief Operating Officer, said in a press release. “Our customers have come to expect the best from us and we have been delivering using our state-of-the-art fibre network to provide compelling video content additions, full support of HDMI connectivity and much more."
Late last year, EastLink added Hollywood Suite to its premium video lineup, the first company in North America to do so, giving customers access to 450 HD movies every month on four channels.
"With 1080p HD on Demand, we're making that experience even better," Shaffner said.
EastLink has already launched more than 40 Hollywood Suite movies OnDemand, (free when you subscribe to Hollywood Suite) with more on the way in the coming weeks. Some of the more popular Hollywood Suite movie titles now available OnDemand include: Wedding Crashers, A Few Good Men, Silence of the Lambs, Lucky Number Slevin and many more.
What does Hollywood Suite mean for EastLink customers:
- 450 HD movies every month on four HD channels: MGM Movie Channel, Warner Films, Hollywood Storm and Hollywood Festival.
- OnDemand content in 1080p HD (1080p is the same format used by BluRay) and 5.1 Dolby surround sound.
- Unedited, uncut and uninterrupted (commercial-free) Hollywood movies.
"We've made a commitment to maintain a leadership position when it comes to HD and OnDemand content,” Shaffner said. “We can't wait for our customers to see what else we have in store for them."
For more information on, and how to access Hollywood Suite content visit eastlink.ca, hollywoodsuite.ca or visit EastLink on Facebook facebook.com/eastlink.
Posted by Arron Pickard